Friday 8 February 2013

Review: MAC Face & Body Foundation


Hey guys

I've been meaning to do the review of MAC's Face & Body foundation for a while now. It's not that I didn't have any time (I've had plenty of that lol). It's more of the fact that the first few times I tried it, I HATED IT. It would look amazing in the morning...I would be glowing like an expensive Diptyque candle but by the end of the day I looked like the oily surface of a three cheese pizza. It was horrible.

HOWEVER...

I had heard so many amazing things about this foundation that I thought I must be doing something wrong. And to my delight, I figured it out and now I'm in love! The problem was that I was using the wrong brush. I used the Real Technique foundation brush at first, but it really just kept the foundation on the surface and it looked like it was ready to slide off at an opportunity. However, I found that when  I used the Real Technique buffing brush instead, it completely changed the look of my face. Using that brush really works it into skin and gives you a natural glow which lasts all day.

The other thing I really like about this foundation is that it gives really sheer coverage, which is a good for work make up looks. As much as I love my Estee Lauder foundation, Face & Body definitely creates a better 'day' look. It's also great if you don't have many blemishes and want light coverage. I also saved on using any highlighting/bronzing products because the foundation did the job for me.

My only advice would be that if you have super oily skin then this is definitely not the foundation for you, but otherwise I give it a massive thumbs up. Just play around with it a little. Check out the pictures below* and more info about it (price, available shades etc) will be underneath :)

*Pictures were taken in natural light (a fancy way of me saying by a window lol) and without a filter.












- MAC Face & Body foundation costs £20.50 for 50ml...WHICH IS A BARGAIN! 
- It comes in 13 shades: C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, N1, N2, N3, N5, N7 and N9. The Cs denote the shades with yellow undertones and the Ns have pink undertones. I'm wearing C6.
- It is described as having a natural satin-shine finish and is 'skin conditioning, water resistant and long-wearing.


If you have used this product before or have any more questions, feel free to leave a comment below :)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo beautiful , great review! I love mac! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I like your blog very much. I'd like to invite you to my blog connected with fight against eating disorders, cause i think we shouldn't be silent about that. Of course you can find here also mode, make-up, opinions, advices, photos, daily stories, healthy recipes etc. You can trust me you will find something you will like.If you'll like it really much, you can become my new follower. Hope to visit me soon. Have a very nice time. xoxxx Andie
    www.couragetoenter.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...