Monday 17 February 2014

Review: MAC 'Flat Out Fabulous' Lipstick


Hi guys!

It's been more than a month since I last posted but I have a good reason, I promise! So since January as well as working full time as teaching assistant I've also been attending the London College of Fashion training to be makeup artist, so I've found it quite difficult to find the time to post :(. But since it is half term this week I have some time. And because the name of the blog is Lipstick For Dessert, what better way to start than with a lipstick review!

So last week, I finally spent the MAC vouchers I received for Christmas. One of the things I picked up was a lipstick called 'Flat Out Fabulous'. And trust me when I say that I have not been this excited in a very long time! I'm obsessed with bright and bold lipsticks and my go to hot pink lipstick has been 'Girl About Town' for quite a while. However, what had been bothering me about that lipstick was the finish. I love matte lipsticks but 'Girl About Town' had an amplified finish meaning that there was a sheen to it and it definitely did not stay on all day. So imagine my joy when I spotted 'Flat Out Fabulous'...a matte hot pink! 





It is described as a 'bright plum' and I really love the colour of this lipstick as it's bright, but not bright to the point of looking neon as some others can lol. I also love that it's matte and not retro matte which means it is not too drying on the lips. However, I would still make sure to condition my lips before I start my make up just to make sure. I used MACs 'Spice' lipliner underneath but it does seem to mute out the lipstick a little bit so I would suggest just using it around the lip line and not to fill in the entire lip. It really works well with bronzy-neutral makeup and I'm really excited to see what other looks I can create with this! It retails for £15 and if you love to stand out then I would most definitely give it a try! 



Hope you like it as much as I do! 

Jade x 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...