So I know it's been a while but it's just so hard to blog in the winter for me! By the time I get home from work it's pitch black and I haven't had a free weekend for at least a month and a half. But this weekend I put my foot down and decided to make the time to take a couple of photos.
So I'm finally ready to do this review of the Coastal Scents Camouflage Palette, which is a palette of 10 concealers of varying shades. I've always found concealer a bit tricky as I need quite a few shades...one for under my eyes, one for my eyebrows etc. I had seen quite a few beauty bloggers use this palette before and decided to give it a go.
- I love the range of shades! There's something for my under eye highlight, my eyebrow highlight, cheek contouring etc.
- The palette format also makes it easy for me to mix shades, creating the perfect colour for me.
- It has a really creamy, light consistency which melts and blends right into the skin.
- Great coverage
- Nice simple packaging making it easy to transport.
- Range of shades seem great if you have my complexion. However if you were much lighter you probably couldn't get much use from a few of these colours.
- I used this with the Ben Nye Banana Powder to set it, but it did settle into the lines under my eyes causing cracks...which I hate! I had to use my MAC blotting powder to sort it out, however I will try the concealer without the Ben Nye powder to see which product I can blame this on. I'll get back to you.
- UPDATE: Tested it without the Banana Powder and used my Maybelline Fit Me powder instead and it didn't crack at all :)
- I found it hard to pick up with my brush so may use my fingers or a beauty blender in the future.
For roughly £20 I think this is a great addition to anyones make up bags...especially if you're into contouring. While there are disadvantages, the advantages more than make up for them and I can see this becoming a staple part of my make up routine!
I bought it here
Hope you enjoyed this review and feel free to leave any comments below! :)