It's been quite a long time :( I've been so busy with my phone cases that I've kinda neglected blogging...but not anymore! So I thought I would ease myself back in with a little 'getting to know me' post since I don't know if I've ever really mentioned much about myself?
So here goes!
1. My name's Jade, but I've never really liked it. It's such a common name and I've always wanted something more rare or exotic. I think it's due to this that I have around 1000 nicknames and when someone calls me Jade I find it kind of strange. Variations include: Jadeybaby, Jadsey, Tucker, Tucks, JJ, or my very favourite 'Jade Honey Boo Boo Child'. Thanks sis.
2. I'm 22 (23 tomorrow) and I seem to have this irrational fear of getting old. Somehow, in my mind 23 is ancient and it seems like my ovaries are screaming at me to have babies and my fingers are itching for diamond engagement rings LOL. Yet I know I'm completely not ready for all of this...damn you fairytales and stereotypes!
3. I graduated in 2011 with a 2:1 in American Studies, which is basically a combined degree of American History and Literature. I enjoyed every second of it, getting to study modules such as 'American Violence', 'Race & Racism', and an abundance of F.Scott Fitzgerald novels. However, what I didn't enjoy so much was the constant repetition of that fateful question..."Oh! American Studies? What are you going to do with that?!" Um, I don't know, get a job and be successful like the rest of you? lol
4. I'm currently working as a teaching assistant in a secondary school and loving every second of it. However, due to my age I have been mistaken for a sixth former by students, teachers and visitors alike. I guess I should take it as a compliment right?
5. I'm allergic to nuts, so I find it EXTREMELY annoying when people know this and then still decide to open up a bar of snickers and chomp down on it right next to me. I think they might secretly be trying to kill me lol.
6. I have extreme obsessions with David Beckham and Robin Thicke. I wish I could just put them in a cage and stare at them all day.
7. I am really, really bad with money. I spend like a king and it seems like saving is just not in my blood. I guess because I'm still living at home it's pretty easy for me to survive like this. But I know one day the puppy dog eyes will no longer work on my parents and it's all going to catch up with me. Maybe I'll have won the lottery by then?
8. I still haven't learnt to drive, which is pretty ridiculous for someone who hates taking public transport lol. I tried learning in my mums car, but it's pretty difficult trying to steer a seven seater. I know I definitely need to learn soon though...anyone know any good companies?
9. I was born in Hackney, but I'm half Jamaican and half Trinidadian. Apart from enjoying the food and music, I can't really say that I'm in touch with the culture and I still haven't visited either country which is kind of embarrassing. I know so many people who were born here who can still speak patois and seem to know so much about the culture and I get quite jealous sometimes.
10. One of my dreams is to become a MUA and if I ever manage to save enough money to get some training that's what you'll catch me doing in the future!
I hope you enjoyed reading this! I was meant to have 20 facts but found it really hard to even create 10 lol.