Friday 25 January 2013

My Favourite Lipsticks: MAC 'Girl About Town'


Ok, I've officially run out of MAC lipsticks to talk about now, so the next one I do will be from a different brand (shock horror) lol. But I guess it's kind of fitting that this is the last one because it's the first MAC lipstick I ever owned (a leaving present from my lovely friends at River Island)...it's the one that got the ball rolling...it's...


MAC's 'Girl About Town'

(Once again, I haven't used any filter so you can see the true shade on my skin. My face looks a bit washed out as I was standing right by the window to get as much natural light as possible.)






So yeah, this was my first MAC lipstick and one of my old staples. I haven't worn it in a while as I kept pushing it aside to get use out of my new lipsticks but today I was reminded why I liked it so much. It's hot pink and has a 'Amplified' finish. It's highly pigmented and goes on really easily. I would say it's somewhere in between a matte and satin finish, as it's not too shiny/glossy yet not drying either. It's really lightweight and sometimes I even for forget I'm wearing lipstick at all. It stays on for ages, at times I've forgotten to take my makeup off at night and it's still on the next morning! I always keep the rest of my face quite simple when wearing this lipstick as I think eyeshadow might be a bit too much with it...but that's just me. 

This lipstick is £14, so if you're looking for a cheaper dupe, I 100% recommend Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Fuchsia. It's a very similar colour (although a little glossier) and it's only £7.99!

Hope you enjoyed reading and feel free to leave any comments below :) 



1 comment:

  1. Love this lipstick, always nice to see bright shades on darker skintones!

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...