Wednesday 23 January 2013

Review: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer & Powder


Hi guys!

In my last post I promised I would do a review of the Maybelline Fit Me concealer and powder so here it is!


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in shade '35', also known as 'Deep' - £5.99





I picked up the shade that was recommended to me by their colour system (which tells you which shades to pick depending on your undertones). I mainly use concealer under my eyes, and usually buy it quite light in order to brighten them up...so I have to admit that I thought this shade looked a little bit too dark but I got it anyway...trusting the experts and all that lol.

However, it was not too dark at all, it was pretty much a perfect shade for under my eyes. It definitely comes out lighter on the skin than it looks in the tube. I used it for the first time today, and so far I love it. I have quite a bad problem with bags under my eyes, so I love its thick consistency which hides them really well. It's also really easy to blend (I used the Topshop foundation brush). I also love that it doesn't dry too matte and leaves a nice dewy glow. I haven't used any high end concealers to compare it too, but for the price I'm really happy with it so far!



Maybelline Fit Me Powder in shade '315' - £5.99



So yeah, I was really scared of using if this powder at first, it looks so light and I wasn't particularly going for the geisha look this morning lol. But since I was only using it under my eyes I thought it wouldn't be too harmful if it was a tad on the light side and gave it a go. There's a mirror inside the compact along with a powder puff which I used to apply the powder to set the concealer. It definitely does the job and my powder hasn't moved all day! The only bits of advice I would give is that a little goes a long way with this product and also, the finish can be quite harsh so definitely used a bronzer or blusher to warm your face (particularly the cheeks) back up afterwards. 


Here's me with the concealer and powder on:
(first two are without filters)






And just so you can see how bad my bags are without concealer:




And this is why the product works miracles lol.

Hope you enjoyed reading! 

xXx




5 comments:

  1. Omgsh! I love the concealer colour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sooo hott! I need that beanie please! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! I got it from educateelevate.com...they have some amazing stuff! x

      Delete
  3. Love this concealer! I'm a new follower, can't wait to read your new posts!
    Alice xx
    http://the-fairest-of-them.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...